This is a sponsored post and I have been compensated by Clever Girls and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BBSuperFresh #Seafoodies #ad
Spring Quinoa Risotto and Seared Ahi Tuna Bowls combine edamame, asparagus sweet peas and arugula in a creamy rice dish topped with sushi quality, “thaw and serve” ahi tuna with a Garlic-Peppercorn Rub.
I LOVE ahi tuna!! Anytime that we are out at a restaurant and they have ahi on the menu, you know what this girl is ordering!! It is my fav seared or in sushi!! I actually have never made it at home, but it has been on this list to get up on the blog…So you can only imagine how excited I was to try out Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Seared Ahi Tuna with Garlic-Peppercorn Rub and come up with The BEST Sides with Bumble Bee SuperFresh®!!
Bumble Bee SuperFresh® is a complete line of naturally-seasoned, restaurant quality, “fish-forward” prepared seafood solutions for the home. They are really raising the bar their seafood products that have nothing to hide under heavy breading, sauces, or a long list of unpronounceable ingredients.
All the seafood is no mess, and no fuss; just pure perfection, time after time. The premium Salmon and Tilapia varieties come with their own parchment paper baking pouch and go from freezer to table in under 25 minutes. High in protein, richly seasoned with pure and simple ingredients that let our fish shine through! The Seared Ahi tuna, which is the one that I tried, is seasoned with a few simple ingredients, seared and thinly sliced. I simply defrosted it in your fridge for approximately 3 hours and it is ready to eat!! You can look for all of the variety of Bumble Bee SuperFresh® in your local grocery store frozen seafood case, which is typically near the seafood counter.
I was excited to find out that this Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Seared Ahi Tuna with Garlic-Peppercorn Rub is the first ever sushi quality “thaw and serve” packaged seafood product. I love that it stays frozen during the processing and is never fully defrosted or re-frozen during preparation, so they can guarantee their quality is on par with what you expect from fine chefs who know how to source the best product for their restaurants.
I decided that a Spring Quinoa Risotto would pair perfectly with Bumble Bee SuperFresh®. It is chocked full of healthy goodness with the quinoa and spring vegetables like asparagus, edamame, peas, fennel and arugula!!
I love making risottos, usually using arborio rice, but I wanted to experiment with using other grains. I thought that quinoa would be excellent and so much more healthy!! I wasn’t sure if I could get the creamy consistency of a classic risotto, but I sure did!!
Topping this creamy, veggie packed risotto with the Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Seared Ahi Tuna was like the icing on the cake!! So fresh, so easy and oh so tasty!! You are going to want to try this one!!
Here is your recipe for Spring Quinoa Risotto and Seared Ahi Tuna Bowls:
- 3 boxes Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Seared Ahi Tuna
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed if required on package instructions
- ½ cup dry white wine (optional)
- 1 cup edamame
- 1 lb. asparagus, woody ends removed and chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup sweet peas
- 2 cups arugula
- ½ parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp. fresh chives (or your other favorite fresh herb), finely chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste.
- Remove the Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Seared Ahi Tuna from the freezer and take it out of the vacuum sealed packaging. Let it defrost in the refrigerator for approximately 3 hours before serving.
- Pour chicken broth in a small sauce pan and place over medium-low heat to warm.
- Heat olive oil in a large sauce pan over medium-hight heat. Once hot, add the onion and garlic and sauté for 3-5 minutes or until the onion softens and begins to turn translucent.
- Add the quinoa to the large sauce pan, stir to combine and coat the quinoa and toast for approximately 2 minutes.
- Add the white wine to deglaze the pan. Stir well to lift up any bits that have caramelized to the pan. Simmer the wine until it has completely reduced and the pan is almost dry.
- Begin adding the warm broth one ladle at a time, stirring frequently. Wait to add another ladle until the previous has almost completely been absorbed by the quinoa. This is the key to getting that creamy consistency that we are looking for!
- When adding the second to the last ladle of broth, add the edamame to the pan too. It needs to cook for about 5 minutes.
- On the last ladle of broth add the asparagus, peas and arugula to cook.
- Remove from heat, add parmesan cheese, chives, salt and pepper.
- Serve quinoa in bowls topped with Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Seared Ahi Tuna
Are you ready to try these delicious Spring Quinoa Risotto and Seared Ahi Tuna Bowls yourself? Then you will want to head on over to the store locator to find Bumble Bee SuperFresh® products near you. Don’t forget that you will find in your local grocery store’s frozen seafood case which is typically near the seafood department.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.