My name is Becky and I am a thirty-something wife, mom (newborn daughter and 7 year old stepson), blogger, photographer and pet-lover (we have a dog and cat furbabies) based in Southern Georgia. I am passionate about all things family, parenting, mom life, food and cooking. A health coach that uses her training in her recipes and everyday life. (more about that later…).
A few of years ago, I realized that I could cook and had a knack for taking recipes and making them healthier without sacrificing the taste. See I have always been somewhat of a health nut but I come from a family of southern cooks, you know fried chicken, mac and cheese and the only vegetable on the plate was cooked with a ham hock in it 😉 I am not blessed to be one of those eat whatever you want and don’t gain an ounce kidda girls and I am not the biggest fan of exercising (although I do try to get to exercise a few times a week), so I had to learn to eat healthier.
I used to travel a lot for my work so I ate out A LOT, so I had to learn to make better choices or my “spare tire” around my waist would continue to grow. When I would come home from a long trip all I wanted was a home cooked meal. But I lived alone, except for my dog Joey (and now I have a cat named Gabbi), so I started experimenting with cooking. When I was with family and friends, I starting cooking for them. They all really liked it and couldn’t believe that it was healthy 🙂 I’ll never forget the day that I got my dad to eat KALE! That was a big win!!
Late in 2012, I was fed up, miserable and lonely. I decided to quit my job and move home to Southern Georgia. I attended the Institute for Integrative Nutrition and am a graduate of their health coaching program. I am a health coach and use that training in my recipes. I also have a “day” job at the local community art center. It is my hope that this blog can integrate (sorry for the bad pun) my education, my passions and that I am able to help a few along the way. I know I was so confused and there is so much conflicting information out there. I used to live by my “rules,” which would change whenever I heard another expert’s point of view. Now I only live by a few general ones: drink as much water as you can, everything in moderation and try to move your body somehow each day.
I got married in November 2015 to my amazing husband (in posts I usually refer to him as “hubs”), Chris 🙂 And now I have an amazing and adorable 7 year old stepson and I refer to him in posts as Lil Man!! You might see them drop in from time to time in my posts…they are my official taste testers 🙂 If I can get these two southern boys to like my “healthier” meals, I know that you will love them too!!
I gave birth to my first child, a baby girl, on February 22, 2017. As a result of this pregnancy and my daughter’s birth, I have learned and am now sharing about pregnancy and more about parenting including infant care and health.
Becky’s Best Bites is my way of documenting my recipes, lifestyle tips and sharing what I have learned so that I might help others. Reach out to me via the channels that you like best!!
- Find me on Facebook!
- Hit me up on Twitter!
- Pin with me on Pinterest!
- Join me on Instagram!
- Or, you can always email me at becky (at) beckysbestbites (dot) com
- If you love food and cooking and have ever thought about starting your own food blog, you will want to check out my post that details how to start a food blog. It is a quick and easy 3-step guide that will have your food blog up in 15 minutes or less. Check it out HERE!!
- If you are already a food blogger and want to take your blog to the next level, you will want to check out my post on how to develop a successful blog. It introduces you to a resource that I have found invaluable in growing my blog. Check it out HERE!
Top 10 Most Popular Posts
- Creamy Garlic Spinach Chicken Pasta
- Vegan Avocado Potato Salad with Dill & Cilantro
- Mediterranean Tuna Lettuce Wraps
- Freezing Summer Squash
- Guiltless Chicken Alfredo with Broccoli
- Honey Lime Mexican Chopped Salsa
- Supremely Spicy Spaghetti Meat Sauce
- Chicken Quinoa Toddler and Kid-Friendly Bites
- Chicken Mushroom Rice Skillet with Asparagus
- Protein Packed Blueberry Muffins