My name is Becky and I am thirty-something wife, mom, blogger, photographer and pet-lover based in Southern Georgia. I am passionate about all things food and cooking. I am also a health coach that uses her training in her recipes (more about that later…). When not in the kitchen, cooking, I loves gardening, boating and spending time with her family.
A few of years ago, I realized that I could cook and had a knack for taking recipes and making them healthier without sacrificing the taste. See I have always been somewhat of a health nut but I come from a family of southern cooks, you know fried chicken, mac and cheese and the only vegetable on the plate was cooked with a ham hock in it 😉 I am not blessed to be one of those eat whatever you want and don’t gain an ounce kidda girls and I am not the biggest fan of exercising (although I do try to get to exercise a few times a week), so I had to learn to eat healthier.
I used to travel a lot for my work so I ate out A LOT, so I had to learn to make better choices or my “spare tire” around my waist would continue to grow. When I would come home from a long trip all I wanted was a home cooked meal. But I lived alone, except for my dog Joey (and now I have a cat named Gabbi), so I started experimenting with cooking. When I was with family and friends, I starting cooking for them. They all really liked it and couldn’t believe that it was healthy 🙂 I’ll never forget the day that I got my dad to eat KALE! That was a big win!!
Late in 2012, I was fed up, miserable and lonely. I decided to quit my job and move home to Southern Georgia. I attended the Institute for Integrative Nutrition and am a graduate of their health coaching program. I am a health coach and use that training in my recipes. I also have a “day” job at the local community art center. It is my hope that this blog can integrate (sorry for the bad pun) my education, my passions and that I am able to help a few along the way. I know I was so confused and there is so much conflicting information out there. I used to live by my “rules,” which would change whenever I heard another expert’s point of view. Now I only live by a few general ones: drink as much water as you can, everything in moderation and try to move your body somehow each day.
I got married in November 2015 to my amazing husband (in posts I usually refer to him as “hubs”), Chris 🙂 And now I have an amazing and adorable 7 year old stepson and I refer to him in posts as Lil Man!! You might see them drop in from time to time in my posts…they are my official taste testers 🙂 If I can get these two southern boys to like my “healthier” meals, I know that you will love them too!!
Becky’s Best Bites is my way of documenting my recipes and lifestyle tips and sharing what I have learned so that I might help others. Reach out to me via the channels that you like best!!
- Find me on Facebook!
- Hit me up on Twitter!
- Pin with me on Pinterest!
- Join me on Instagram!
- Or, you can always email me at becky (at) beckysbestbites (dot) com
- If you love food and cooking and have ever thought about starting your own food blog, you will want to check out my post that details how to start a food blog. It is a quick and easy 3-step guide that will have your food blog up in 15 minutes or less. Check it out HERE!!
- If you are already a food blogger and want to take your blog to the next level, you will want to check out my post on how to develop a successful blog. It introduces you to a resource that I have found invaluable in growing my blog. Check it out HERE!
Top 10 Most Popular Posts
- Creamy Garlic Spinach Chicken Pasta
- Vegan Avocado Potato Salad with Dill & Cilantro
- Mediterranean Tuna Lettuce Wraps
- Freezing Summer Squash
- Guiltless Chicken Alfredo with Broccoli
- Honey Lime Mexican Chopped Salsa
- Supremely Spicy Spaghetti Meat Sauce
- Chicken Quinoa Toddler and Kid-Friendly Bites
- Chicken Mushroom Rice Skillet with Asparagus
- Protein Packed Blueberry Muffins