Mediterranean Cauliflower Couscous Salad is a healhty recipe with fresh summer vegetables and herbs, roasted chickpeas and a homemade lemon feta vinaigrette.
Is anyone else ready for Fall??? I know that I am totally ready for some cooler weather with less humidity!! Urg…it has been hot 👿 The kids in this area start back to school this week and I just feel like it is time for this oppressive heat to subside!! Anyone with me?
Anywho…I guess it is what it is and come this winter I will be praying to have this hot weather back. Although, down here in Southern Georgia it doesn’t get too cold (relatively speaking), so I really shouldn’t complain…but I will 😉
Now I am not saying that I am ready for “cold” weather, just “cooler” weather. And if you have any pull with the weather gods, could you put in a good word for November 15th? That’s my wedding day and we are hoping, praying, willing to make deals, etc. that we have good weather!! Low to mid-seventies, sunny and low humidity would be AMAZING!!! The ceremony is outside and the barn for the reception isn’t cooled or heated…PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!
So with all this hot weather, I have been relying more on salads for my meals, especially lunches and this Mediterranean Cauliflower Couscous Salad might just be my new fav! Packed with summer fresh veggies, including the cauliflower couscous base, it is uber-healthy!! If you missed my post on how to make cauliflower rice or couscous, you should totally check it out —> HERE!
Another star in this Mediterranean Cauliflower Couscous Salad, are the roasted chickpeas!! They give a nice crunch to the salad and add a little smokey heat 😎 I do have a post on the blog if you would like to try making your own roasted chickpeas, you can find it —> HERE 🙂
This recipe on The Kitchn is what started it all!! I am so glad that I made this dish because now I know how delicious cauliflower rice or couscous can be, have a great new recipe for roasted chickpeas and have a new favorite salad!! In fact I ate this salad for a whole week straight at work!!
I felt really good about eating all those fresh veggies, but I think that thehomemade lemon feta vinaigrette was really the icing on the cake!! Ok, is that weird that I just referred to a salad dressing as “icing?” Hmmm…maybe, but I am going with it 😛 It is super simple, fresh and flavorful. All it is is lemon zest, lemon juice, dijon mustard, garlic, extra virgin olive oil and a pinch of sea salt. Shake those ingredients up in a mason jar (or whatever you’ve got) and voilá…yummy goodness in a jar!!
Close up of all that yumminess!!! 😆
Here is your recipe for Mediterranean Cauliflower Couscous Salad:
- Zest and juice from one large lemon
- 1 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 tbsp. feta cheese crumbles
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt to taste
- 6 cups cauliflower couscous (click HERE to learn how to make)
- 4 plum tomatoes, diced
- 2-3 small bell peppers, diced (use what ever colors you like, I used yellow and green)
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and diced
- 1 cucumber, seeded and diced
- ½ red onion, chopped
- ⅓ cup kalamata olives
- ⅓ cup pinenuts
- ⅓ cup feta cheese
- 1 tsp. fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tsp. fresh chives, chopped
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1½ cups roasted chickpeas (click HERE to learn how to make them)
- Combine the lemon zest, lemon juice, dijon, garlic, feta and olive oil in a mason jar and shake to combine. Or combine ingredients in a small mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Add cauliflower couscous, tomatoes, bell peppers, jalapeno, cucumber, red onion, olives, pine nuts, mint, chives, salt and pepper to a large mixing bowl.
- Add dressing and stir to combine.
- Add the chickpeas and give it one more stir.
- Enjoy room temperature or chilled.