This post has been sponsored by MARS, Pillsbury, and Ziploc. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
M&M’s Christmas Cake Pancakes are a yummy treat for a holiday morning or brunch! A couple of healthier swaps, like applesauce, almond milk and greek yogurt balance these sweet surprises that kids of all ages will love!
Now that we are officially into November, I am starting to really gear up for the holiday season! This year, I plan to fully embrace the season and enjoy my newfound love of baking by experimenting with new, fun recipes during the holiday season 🙂 Maybe it is because I am pregnant this year, but I am so much more into the holiday spirit already and super excited to have a ton of fun with it this year!!
On my weekly trip to Target with my mom and sister, I noticed the holiday baking display and immediately grabbed my phone to check out my Cartwheel app to see if there were any offers available. Of course, my trusty Cartwheel app had my back and there were offers for all of these products. Click HERE to save on products featured in this post!! I grabbed Pillsbury Moist Supreme® Classic Yellow Premium Cake Mix, M&M’s Holiday Minis and Ziploc Holiday 3ct Medium Round Printed Containers with a special holiday treat in mind.
M&M’s Christmas Cake Pancakes would be perfect for christmas morning! Surprise the kids (and adults) with these yummy pancakes! I’m taking a shortcut by using cake mix as my base for the pancakes but adding in some healthier components like natural applesauce for the oil and vanilla almond milk for the water suggested by the package instructions. I also added some whole wheat flour into the mix.
To make these christmas cake pancakes even more festive and yummy, I added M&M’s Holiday Minis into the batter 🙂 Not only do you get some chocolatey goodness, but you get some festive red and green color running through your cake!!
I also decided to sprinkle a few additional M&M’s Holiday Minis into my cake pancakes once they are already cooking on the hot griddle 😉 Remember, we are embracing the holiday season!!
These Christmas Cake Pancakes are a special treat and so instead of typical maple syrup to top them, I made a Vanilla Glaze for them made out of greek yogurt 🙂
Light and sweet, the vanilla glaze adds just a little something extra and a finishing touch to really impress your family and friends on a special occasion!
Light, fluffy and special, I will be making these Christmas Cake Pancakes for my family and friends to enjoy this holiday season! My stepson wasn’t with us this weekend when I made these but I know that he would go crazy for them! I can’t wait to make them for him soon 🙂
I am so glad that I also picked up some Ziploc Holiday 3ct Medium Round Printed Containers at my trip to Target so that I could store the leftover christmas cakes pancakes for later arriving guests!! Ziploc Holiday 15ct Green Slider Storage Gallon bags would also be an another excellent option for storage or gifting purposes.
They also freeze beautifully!! Just pop a couple of frozen pancakes in the toaster for a couple of minutes anytime someone needs a quick treat during the holiday season 😉
Here is your recipe for M&M’s Christmas Cake Pancakes:
- 1 box Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Classic Yellow Premium Cake Mix
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 2 eggs
- 1¾ cup vanilla almond milk
- ¼ cup natural applesauce
- ½ cup + extra for sprinkling M&M's Holiday Minis
- 2 tbsp. plain greek yogurt
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- Heat a griddle to medium-high heat (350 F).
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the cake mix, whole wheat flour, eggs, almond milk and applesauce until well combined and smooth.
- Gently fold in M&M's Milk Chocolate XMAS Minis Baking Bits. Batter will be pretty thick (if you would like thinner pancakes, add a little more almond milk).
- Spray griddle with nonstick cooking spray.
- Ladle about ½ cup of pancake batter onto the hot pan to form each pancake and sprinkle a few additional M&M baking bites.
- Cook pancakes for a few minutes or until they begin to bubble and brown on the bottom.
- Flip pancakes and cook on the other side until cooked all the way through and brown on both sides.
- Remove from the griddle and keep warm.
- Continue with steps until all the batter is used.
- While the pancakes are cooking, prepare the glaze.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together greek yogurt, powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Drizzle glaze over the top of the pancakes as desired.
- Store leftovers in Ziploc Holiday 3ct Medium Round Printed Containers or Ziploc Holiday 15ct Green Slider Storage Gallon bags and refrigerate or freeze, if desired.
REMEMBER!! To save on the products featured in this post, use this Cartwheel offer the next time you shop at Target –> https://cartwheel.target.com/f/mars-holiday/-/3706