Southwest Summer Fresh Grain Salad is a a healthy recipe for any BBQ. Just a few fresh add-ins make this Suddenly Salad with quinoa and brown rice a smart idea for a family dinner. Enter to win $15 PayPal cash too 🙂
Southwest Summer Fresh Grain Salad
Here in the south, the warm weather is definitely here!! It has been in the 90’s for the past couple of weeks 🙂 It is time to start enjoying the taste of summer! In my little garden, veggies are starting to come in, so I decided to use them in this Southwest Summer Fresh Grain Salad. I have had Suddenly Pasta Salad before and really like it, but this was my first time to try their new line of Suddenly Grain Salad, which has brown rice and quinoa instead of the pasta. I love those healthy whole grains!! I did go ahead and pick up a couple of the Suddenly Salad varieties since they were BOGO at Publix and with this coupon, they only cost me $0.70 a piece!! You really can’t ask for a better deal than that!!
The Suddenly Grain Salad was not on sale but at $2.29 and using the coupon, it still was a great deal!!
Here are the fresh ingredients that I incorporated into my Southwest Summer Fresh Grain Salad: bell pepper, jalapeno, red onion and fresh tomato.
These are quick, healthy add-ins that I actually have growing in my little garden right now! This was my first bell pepper and jalapeños of the season!
Can you see those box tops on the top of the packaging? That’s Box Tops for Education which donates money back to local educational systers for collecting those tops. I collect them for my sister, who is an elementary teacher at one of our local schools. They are on the packaging of many Betty Crocker products, so if you aren’t collecting them, start so that your community’s educational systems can get free money!! Thank you Betty Crocker 🙂
The fresh ingredients just make this recipe pop!! The added crunch from the fresh veggies make my tastebuds smile 🙂 This was my dinner last night. The quinoa in Suddenly Grain Salad provides you with the protein and essential amino acids that you would normally get from animal protein in a tastebuds tastebuds tastebuds and I am perfectly fine without the animal protein. However if you want, you could totally add some cooked chicken or other animal protein to this dish, maybe some rotisserie chicken?
If you go to the Publix’s coupons page (like I did), they have a digital option that allows you to clip the coupon and not have to print. Just go to Publix, purchase the product you have a coupon for and enter your registered phone number at the checkout to apply the coupon. Or you can take advantage of this printable Suddenly Salad coupon.
- 1 box Suddenly Grain Salad Southwest Grains
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 Jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- ¼ large red onion, finely chopped
- ½ large beef-steak tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. cold water
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Fill 3 quart (or larger) saucepan ½ full with water and heal to boiling. Carefully place UNOPENED bag of Grains in the water.
- Boiling for 17 minutes, turning the bag just once, Cooked grains will fill bag.
- While grains are cooking, prep and chop all veggies.
- Stir together the dressing mix, oil and water in a medium bowl. Add veggies and stir to combine.
- Add grain/pasta mixture and stir well to combine.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve food room temp or chilled.