Smoky Spice Blend Roasted Chickpeas is a healthy recipe that is an ideal high fiber snack or appetizer. Throw a handful in salads for added crunch & texture.
We are back from our AMAZING trip to Park City, UT!! While I am glad to be home and back to my routines, it is hard not to miss the low 70°F temperatures with NO humidity and being treated like royalty!! It really was a trip of a lifetime and I will be writing a post about it very soon, I promise!! Fair warning though, that post will contain way too many pictures and might even reach picture overload status 😛
But today, we are going to chat about my new snacking obsession, Smoky Spice Blend Roasted Chickpeas 😀 I may be getting addicted to these lovely little gems!! They satisfy my crunchy cravings, which is much better for me since I usually grab pretzels or something similar when those cravings hit!! Yay!! Smoky with just a hint a spice, they are perfect for an afternoon snack or an easy appetizer!! I have also found that they add a wonderful crunch and texture to salads!! Then you don’t need to add croutons or something for that crunch/texture that I personally need in my salads.
These Smoky Spice Blend Roasted Chickpeas couldn’t be easier!! Start with rinsed chickpeas and pat them dry. This is an important step not to pass up so that the chickpeas come out nice and crunchy 😎 Add olive oil and spices and stir throughly to combine and coat all the chickpeas.
Spread the chickpeas in an even layer on a foil-lined cookie sheet. The foil makes for super easy clean-up!! Just toss the foil away when the chickpeas are done. No cleaning the cookie sheet 😉
Half-way through their cooking time, take the chickpeas out of the oven and give them a good stir!! This helps them to get crunchy all over 😆
I’ll be honest, I have tried to make roasted chickpeas before, but have been disapointed in the results. But then I came across this fool-proof method from the Lean Green Bean and now I am hooked!! The secret???? Keep on reading 😉
See how perfectly roasted and crunchy they are? I’m really glad that I roasted two cans’ worth because I might have eaten about half of these before I could get the pictures taken 😉
Ok, I won’t keep you in suspense anymore…
Here is your recipe for Smoky Spice Blend Roasted Chickpeas:
- 2 cans (16 oz. each) chickpeas; rinsed, drained and patted dry
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. chipolte chili powder
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine chickpeas, olive oil and spices. Stir to combine.
- Spread chickpeas in a single layer on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Place in the oven and set the timer for 35 minutes.
- Halfway through the roasting time, take them out of the oven and give a quck stir. Replace in the oven and continue roasting.
- When the timer goes off, turn off the oven but do not remove the chickpeas.
- Let them sit in the oven as it cools off, atleast 1 hour.
- Enjoy immediately or place in an airtight container.