Slow Cooker Sweet Spicy Chex Mix (Gluten Free) is a healthier option for perfect the summertime snack. Learn about the variety and versatility of gluten free cereal at Publix and grab your coupon today! #GlutenFreeCereal #glutenfreecherrios #PublixGlutenFreeCereals #ad
Summer is here and with that comes boating season and our family LOVES to live on the water during the warmer months! We have a little over a month until our annual family lake vacation, where we get to spend an entire week at the lake house…the countdown is on!! The hubs and I want to lose a few pounds before the lake vacation, so we are tightening our belts (pun intended) to make sure that we look our best for vacation 🙂
So it was perfect timing when I was asked to check out the new gluten free cereals at Publix!! We don’t have to live a gluten-free lifestyle, but I have found that when I want to drop a few pounds, removing gluten from my diet works well for me. I was excited to learn that General Mills and the variety and versatility of gluten free cereal at Publix. This frugal gal was super excited that General Mills cereals were BOGO right now at Publix and I grabbed this coupon for extra savings on top of that!! That equals one happy mama!!
We love having cereal for breakfast and lil man loves Lucky Charms®, which are now gluten free but with the same great taste (double win)!! He has a bowl just about every morning.
I also picked up some Multigrain Cheerios®, Rice ChexTM and Corn ChexTM because I was going to whip up an awesome summer snack that we could take out on the boat or to any of our summer activities by just tossing some in a zipper bag. It is already in the 90’s here, so there was no way that I was going to turn on the oven. I used my best buddy, Mr. Slow Cooker. Let me introduce you to my Slow Cooker Sweet Spicy Chex Mix, P.S. It is Gluten Free too 😉
I heard that Chocolate Cheerios® have now joined General Mill’s gluten free cereal family and really wanted to try them out too, but my store didn’t carry them yet. I will be keeping a lookout for it for sure 🙂
But back to my Slow Cooker Sweet Spicy Chex Mix (remember it is Gluten Free too), it is just the right combination of salty, crunchy, sweet, spicy and filling! But before we get to the recipe, I wanted to give you the chance to win $15 PayPal cash so you can try the new General Mills gluten free cereals for yourself.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Here is your recipe for Slow Cooker Sweet Spicy Chex Mix (Gluten Free):
- 4 cups Rice Chex
- 4 cups Corn Chex
- 4 cups Multigrain Cheerios
- ½ cup pecans
- ½ cup peanuts
- ⅓ cup liquid egg whites (about 4 egg whites)
- ⅓ cup Braggs Amino Acids, All Purpose Seasoning
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flake
- 1 tsp. chipotle chili powder
- Place a slow cooker liner in the bowl of the slow cooker or spray liberally with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add Chex & Cheerios cereals, pecan and peanuts to the slow cooker.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine egg whites, Braggs, honey, chili powder, cumin, crushed red pepper flake and chipotle chili powder and whisk to combine.
- Pour sweet spice mixture over the cereals and nuts in the slow cooker.
- Gently stir to combine and coat the cereal and nuts.
- Place a cotton towel over the slow cooker bowl to absorb the moisture to make sure the snack mix doesn't get soggy.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 hours, stirring the mixture every ½ hour or so to keep the bottom from burning.
- Turn off slow cooker and take off the lid. Let the mixture cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container or zipper bags with as much of the air removed as possible to keep the mixture fresher longer.
Win Free Stuff