Today’s post is sponsored by Hidden Valley! Two of their products inspired our Ranch Buffalo Chicken Pasta with Broccoli! Ranch Buffalo Chicken Pasta with Broccoli is a quick, easy & healthy dinner recipe that the whole family will enjoy! Whole grains, veggies and lean protein combine for a dinner you can be proud of!!
Let’s talk about life right now, shall we? In 10 days, 7 hours and 2 minutes (exactly…yes, I have the app), I will be walking down the aisle!! The forecast is calling for a 40% chance of rain and we are having an outdoor ceremony!! Yes, I know that the forecast will probably change about 50 times before then, but yikes!! I have been obsessively stalking the forecast since our wedding date made it to the 15 day forecast and yes it has changed a few times already… Ok…breathe… So what is all this rambling about? It’s about life and how we are all so busy and stressed about whatever is going on in our world that we don’t need to stress even more about putting a healthy meal on the table for our families!! I certainly don’t need that stress right now and you don’t either. Lil man is staying with us more and more and I really want to instill a lifelong love of veggies and healthy eating in him!! He is 100% boy and would eat bacon for every meal if you let him (gah! the betrayal), but I have to say that he will try anything and I am so thankful for that!! My Ranch Buffalo Chicken Pasta with Broccoli is really comfort food with a healthy side!! That is exactly what I need right now for my uber bride-to-be stressed out self!! A big bowl of pasta that doesn’t have me worrying that I might not fit into my wedding dress!! Yes, I think that the comfort of pasta swimming in a ranchy, buffaloey (did I just make up a word here…yep, think I did) sauce is just what the doctor ordered!
You’ve got double ranch goodness going on here!! First you use some of the Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix to season the chicken and the sauce as it cooking and then you finish off the pasta with The Original Ranch® Light dressing for some additional creamy goodness. I use the light dressing and nobody can tell!! It tastes just as good as the full fat version with only 7 grams of fat per serving 🙂
Pairing fresh veggies, lean protein and wholegrain pasta is a sure fire winner in my book!! Then you really take it up a notch and guarantee that the family will love it by adding in some buffalo sauce and ranch dressing!!
We are very blessed to have local farmers as friends that bring us fresh produce from time to time. So I used some fresh tomatoes that we had gotten for the sauce, but if you don’t have access to fresh ones or are just pressed for time, canned diced tomatoes would work beautifully in the recipe. My Ranch Buffalo Chicken Pasta with Broccoli only takes about 30 minutes to put together, but if you were really pressed for time you could definitely use rotisserie chicken to save the step of cooking chicken.
Here is your recipe for Ranch Buffalo Chicken Pasta with Broccoli:
- 1 box (13.25 oz.) whole grain rotini pasta
- 12 oz. fresh broccoli florets
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large, sweet, yellow onion; chopped
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced or pressed
- 4 medium tomatoes, cored and chopped
- 1 packet Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- 1.5 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, chopped into bite-size pieces
- ⅓ cup buffalo sauce
- ½ cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Light Dressing
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. When there is 2 minutes left in the pasta cooking time, add broccoli to the pot to cook. Reserve 1 cup starchy cooking water after the pasta has cooked and before draining, drain pasta and broccoli and keep warm.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix to the skillet and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add chicken and continue to cook until the chicken has cooked through, approximately 5-6 minutes depending on the chicken piece sizes.
- Once chicken is cooked through, add buffalo sauce and Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Light Dressing, salt and pepper to the sauce. Stir to combine and heat through.
- Add sauce to pasta and broccoli and stir to combine.
- Drizzle with Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Light Dressing just before serving, if desired.
What’s your favorite comfort food with a healthy side? Share them in a comment for a chance to win a $100 Visa Gift Card.
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the [email protected] email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 11/16/2015 – 12/30/2015
Today’s post is sponsored by Hidden Valley! Two of their products inspired our Ranch Buffalo Chicken Pasta with Broccoli!