Peanut Butter Chocolate Protein Breakfast Cookies are a super easy & healthy recipe containing no added sugar or flour, limited ingredients & they are fresh out of the oven and ready in 15 minutes!
Today I am 36-weeks pregnant!! Can you believe it??? I know I can’t and it is hard to believe that in a few short weeks, we will be meeting our baby girl 🙂 I dream about what she will look like, what her little personality will be like, holding her in my arms and that sweet baby snuggles…and the wait is almost over! I am soooo excited 🙂
First, I just have to get through the last and probably toughest part of pregnancy for me! Over the past couple of weeks, I have been getting more and more uncomfortable as our little girl gets bigger. I am short waisted so there is very limited room for her and she is pressed into my ribs constantly. I am proud to say that I have only gained about 13-14 pounds, but it is enough for me.
Now, more than ever, I am feeling that I can only handle small portions of food at a time. When I eat larger portions and my stomach expands, that seems to put me into an even more uncomfortable state. I am trying to eat small meals and snacks throughout the day like these Peanut Butter Chocolate Protein Breakfast Cookies!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Protein Breakfast Cookies really fit the bill for me! They are a quick, easy, fiber-filled, portable and on-the-go “feel like you are being bad, but you are really being good treat” 😉 I love to enjoy them warm right out of the oven or warmed in a toaster or the microwave and maybe with a little extra smear of peanut butter 😉
You can really customize your protein breakfast cookies any way that you might like! I could totally see trying chocolate chips, nuts, dried berries or other fruit. These are all over the internet and here is a video by HowDoesShe that you could check out of a very similar recipe because I certainly don’t have time to make a video right now (sorry).
Here is your recipe for Peanut Butter Chocolate Protein Breakfast Cookies:
- 2 medium very ripe bananas
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- ¼ cup natural peanut butter
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 1 tsp. chia seeds
- splash of milk of choice (low-fat or skim, almond, soy, etc.) as needed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Peel bananas and place in a small mixing bowl. Mash with a potato masher or fork.
- Add oats, peanut butter, protein powder, chia seeds and mix.
- Add a splash of milk, if needed, to combine all ingredients.
- Use a tablespoon or small scoop to place cookie batter scoops onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Enjoy warm!
- Other option is to cool and place in an airtight container to enjoy for up to 2-3 days.