Mini Carrot Cake Muffins with Cream Cheese Drizzle are a healthy baking recipes that bring Holiday Cheer using almond flour, greek yogurt, carrots and pecans with holiday spices like spices like cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger #BobsHolidayCheer @BobsRedMill
Happy December y’all!! I can’t believe that we are already saying that, but it is here 🙂 Not only are the holidays now in full swing AND I am entering my third trimester of pregnancy (what?!?), but I am also in another transition…
I am no longer working full-time outside of the home!! I am now nannying for my 2 month old twin nephews, blogging and doing some remote part-time work for the non-profit that I was working for full-time!! Can you believe it? I took the plunge!! In just a few months, we will be welcoming our little girl and it was very important to me to be able to stay home with her! I don’t want to miss a thing!! I also really wanted to help out my sister and her husband by staying with her boys so they didn’t have to go to daycare either!!
Y’all know I have had a serious sweet tooth with this pregnancy and this holiday season I have been baking a whole lot more than usual (and loving it) but I still try to keep things a bit on the healthier side! So when I was asked to create a recipe for Bob’s Red Mill to create a holiday an original holiday-themed recipe using my choice of Bob’s Red Mill flours (white, almond or gluten-free), I was super excited to get my baking on again 🙂 I decided on Mini Carrot Cake Muffins with Cream Cheese Drizzle!!
We enjoyed these Mini Carrot Cake Muffins this past Sunday while we were decorating for the holidays!! We loved how festive and yummy they were!! No butter and no oil means + their mini size = NO GUILT!! They are perfectly bite-sized with some added protein thanks to the Bob’s Red Mill Almond Meal and Greek Yogurt to keep you going through a long morning of holiday decorating!
I used a combination of Bob’s Red Mill Organic Almond Meal and Organic Unbleached All Purpose White Flour in these Mini Carrot Cake Muffins 🙂
Grab some money-saving coupons on Bob’s Red Mill products >> HERE << this holiday season!!
- Organic Almond Meal/Flour:
- Bob’s Red Mill Almond Meal is ground from whole, blanched sweet almonds.
- Almonds are notoriously healthy nuts providing a good amount of manganese and vitamin E , as well as a healthy serving of monounsaturated fats in each 1/4 cup serving.
- Not only do almonds have a healthy boost of protein, they are also very low in carbohydrates and inherently gluten free.
- Organic Unbleached All Purpose White Flour
- Organic Unbleached White Flour is freshly milled from Organic hard red wheat. Both the bran and the germ have been removed leaving the endosperm that is made into white flour. It is not enriched with any additives.
- This is the same high protein flour used by professional bakers and produces high, well-textured loaves of bread equally as well as it produces light, airy baked goods.
- This kitchen staple is incredibly versatile and perfect for all of your baking needs.
- Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour
- It is perfectly formulated for baked goods with terrific taste and texture – no additional specialty ingredients or custom recipes required.
- This flour combines finely ground brown rice flour, sweet white rice flour, whole grain sorghum flour, potato starch, and tapioca flour with a touch of xanthan gum—just enough xanthan gum to create chewy cookies and springy muffins.
- The protein in the sorghum flour helps give baked goods an almost wheat-like texture and aids in browning, for those times you need a perfectly golden brown chocolate chip cookie. Use this blend for cookies, cakes, and brownies.
Here is a visual on how I put together my Mini Carrot Cake Muffins with Cream Cheese Drizzle:
Here is your recipe for Mini Carrot Cake Muffins with Cream Cheese Drizzle:
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 3 cups (about ¾ lb./4-5 whole peeled) carrots, shredded
- ¾ cup Bob's Red Mill Organic Almond Meal
- ¾ cup Bob's Red Mill Organic Unbleached All Purpose White Flour
- 1 tsp. freshly ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- ½ tsp. ground cloves
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup light brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup nonfat plain greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup natural applesauce
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Zest of one lemon
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup confectioners' sugar
- ⅓ cup reduced fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 tsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice (about ½ lemon)
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Spread pecan halves out on a baking sheet and place in the oven while it is preheating.
- Spray 2 (24 count each) mini muffin pans with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Peel carrots and shred using a food processor. Set aside.
- Roast pecans for preheating time and then about 5 minutes, remove from oven, let cool slightly and then pulse in a food processor for a coarse chop.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine chopped pecans, flours, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, ground cloves, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, greek yogurt, applesauce, vanilla, lemon zest and eggs.
- Fold shredded carrots into the wet mixture.
- Gently fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and combine until just combined. Don't over mix.
- Using a teaspoon, fill the prepared mini muffin pans about ¾ of the way full. Do not overfill. The muffins will rise as they bake.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick comes out cleanly in the center of the muffins. Remove from oven and let cool.
- While the muffins are cooking, prepare the glaze.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, cream cheese, lemon juice and vanilla extract. Whisk to break up an lumps.
- Once muffins have cooled, drizzle cream cheese glaze over them in any pattern that you desire.
- Enjoy immediately or store in an airtight container.
Now it is your turn…what are you baking for the holiday season? Need more inspiration? Check out Bob’s Red Mill on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest ! Be sure to show us what holiday baking you are whipping up this season using the hashtag #BobsHolidayCheer!!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.