This is a sponsored post and I have been compensated by Clever Girls and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ad
Mediterranean Tuna Lettuce Wraps are a simple, healthy, no-cook dinner idea. Recipe features chickpeas, olives, feta cheese, tomatoes in a dijon lemon vinaigrette.
The heat continues this summer here in the south and we don’t see any relief in sight… I do NOT want to be slaving over a hot stove to put dinner on the table. I decided that I needed to find healthy, no-cook recipes for my family. With crazy back-to-school schedules, wedding showers, bachelor and bachelorette parties and other upcoming wedding events, we will be crazy busy for the next few months!! It will be even more important to be able to provide simple and healthy dinners that are still no-cook.
A no-cook recipe’s best friend is Bumble Bee® Albacore Tuna. It is an easy and delicious way to add a variety of nutrients to your diet including lean protein, healthy fat, and important vitamins and minerals. I love the convenience and health benefits of feeding Bumble Bee® products to my family!
You can find the following Bumble Bee® Albacore Tuna products at your favorite grocery store:
- Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore in Water (Can)
- Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore in Oil (Can)
- Bumble Bee® Chunk White Albacore in Water (Can)
- Bumble Bee® Chunk White Albacore in Oil (Can)
- Bumble Bee® Premium Albacore Tuna in Water (Pouch)
I picked up a couple of Bumble Bee® Premium Albacore Tuna in Water pouches and they were my inspiration for my Mediterranean Tuna Lettuce Wraps.
I combined Bumble Bee® Premium Albacore Tuna in Water, kalamata olives, feta cheese, bell peppers, red onion, tomatoes, fresh mint and chickpeas in a lemon dijon vinaigrette. Then wrapped that mixture in a piece of lettuce for a quick, easy, healthy and tasty no-cook meal.
You might notice that the lettuce in the pictures isn’t bib lettuce (which is typically used in lettuce wraps). Why, you ask? Well this is what happens when you ask your financé to pick up bib lettuce on his way home since the store that you went to earlier was out of bib lettuce.
He had no idea what bib lettuce was and picked up iceberg instead. Well, you know what? It worked just fine!! So wrap up this mediterranean tuna mixture in bib lettuce, iceberg lettuce, wheat wraps or just scoop up with whole grain crackers! We have tried it all of these ways and loved it!!
Here is your recipe for Mediterranean Tuna Lettuce Wraps:
- 2 (5 oz.) packages of Bumble Bee® Premium Albacore Tuna in Water Pouch
- ½ cup kalamata olives
- ½ cup feta cheese
- 2 small bell peppers
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 1 can (15.5 oz) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- 1 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- Bib lettuce, Iceberg lettuce
- In a large mixing bowl add Bumble Bee® Premium Albacore Tuna, kalamata olives, feta cheese, bell peppers, red onion, chickpeas, zest and juice of one lemon, dijon mustard, olive oil and sea salt.
- Stir well to combine.
- Add tomatoes and gently fold into the mixture.
- Place a scoop of the tuna mixture in a large piece of lettuce and wrap up.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
[bha size=’760×80′ variation=’01’ align=’none’]