Make Summer Meals As Easy As Grab Go Wow! Save time and money with easy, yummy and crowd-pleasing recipe and meal planning ideas from Kraft-Heinz and Walmart. #GrabGoWow #ad
Summer is in full swing!! Yippee 🙂 The kids are out of school and we are heading to the lake at the end of this week for our annual vacation! There we will be joined by great friends and the whole family for a fun-filled week of boating, swimming and playing in the sun! Seven kiddos ranging in age from 4 months to 9 years old will be with us, so there will be lots of fun times to be had! We will definitely be making memories that will last a lifetime!
I tend to be a planner, so I decided to try out a few fun recipes for our summer meals and then use them at the lake. As I have mentioned in several recent posts (sorry for the repetition), my world is a bit chaotic right now with an infant in the house. So I will take any help that I can get with summer meal planning. I recently discovered an amazing resource that allows me to enjoy a little more freedom from summer meal planning –> Go Grab Wow from Kraft-Heinz and Walmart.
We won’t actually be at the lake for the 4th of July. We are going the week prior so that the lake is calmer with all the kiddos and it is less expensive 😉 But since we will all be together, we will celebrate then!
After spending some time (read: way too long…LOL) on the Grab Go Wow website, I decided to try out the Wave Your Flag Cheesecake for a fun, festive and yummy dessert that we could enjoy at the lake. I loved how it featured summer fresh flavors of strawberries and blueberries.
I also decided on trying the Orange Lemonade Twist for a refreshing beverage that we could all enjoy! The Georgia heat and humidity can be brutal and I thought this would hit the spot on a long afternoon of swimming in the lake!
I am not in charge of the main dish for our big potlucks. The guys think that they HAVE to man the grill (we use it most nights at the lake) so we let them handle that part 😉 There are some great ideas that I am sharing with the guys on the Grab Go Wow website. I bet they would pick the Memphis-Style BBQ Hot Dogs. Check it out here.
Once I had decided on my Grab Go Wow recipes to “test drive” for the lake vacation, I headed to my local Walmart to grab everything that I needed. I certainly saved time and money with a quick shopping trip at Walmart. It was so easy to get everything that was on my list!
Getting started with the Wave Your Flag Cheesecake for our summer meal couldn’t be easier! After grabbing the Kraft-Heinz ingredients from Walmart, I was ready to start following the easy instructions on the Grab Go Wow website.
We loved the use of fresh seasonal berries in this dessert!! It is a light dessert that is perfect ending to our summer meals! It has the craveable creaminess of a more traditional cheesecake without the heaviness.
Here is your recipe for Wave Your Flag Cheesecake:
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, divided
- 2 pkg. (3 oz. each) JELL-O Strawberry Flavor Gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- ice cubes
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 pkg. (10.75 oz.) prepared pound cake, cut into 10 slices
- 1-1/3 cups blueberries, divided
- 2 pkg. (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed
- ¼ cup sugar
- SLICE 1 cup strawberries and halve the rest
- ADD boiling water to gelatin in large bowl and stir until dissolved
- ADD ice to cold water to make 2 cups, add to gelatin and stir until melted
- REFRIGERATE 5 minutes or until slightly thickened while lining bottom of 13x9-inch with cake
- STIR sliced strawberries and 1 cup blueberries into gelatin, then spoon over cake
- REFRIGERATE 4 hours or until gelatin is firm
- WHISK cream cheese and sugar together in large bowl, then stir in COOL-WHIP
- SPREAD over gelatin and decorate with strawberries and blueberries
I used COOL WHIP Lite Whipped Topping
Next I tried the Orange Lemonade Twist! It has been soooo hot already this summer here in Georgia and I thought this refreshing beverage would be just what we needed to cool off! We love how light and refreshing it was! I can’t wait to make it again at the lake 🙂 I know that both the kiddos and the adults will enjoy sipping on an Orange Lemonade Twist after a long day on the lake.
Here is your recipe for Orange Lemonade Twist:
- COUNTRY TIME Lemonade or Pink Lemonade Flavor Drink Mix
- 2 cups cold water
- 2 cups cold orange juice
- 1 bottle (1 liter) cold ginger ale or club soda
- MEASURE drink mix into cap to the 2-quart line and POUR into pitcher.
- ADD water and orange juice; STIR until dissolved
- REFRIGERATE until ready to serve
- STIR in ginger ale or club soda just before serving
- SERVE over ice cubes in tall glasses.
I used Club Soda
If you are looking for easy to prep recipes that make a meal “WOW” this summer, I encourage you to visit the Grab Go Wow website and then look for Grab Go Wow displays at your local Walmart stores. There you will be able grab the items that you need to make the recipes quickly and easily, making your shopping trip a breeze!! I’ll be making a stop at the Walmart that is closest to the lake house to pick up everything that we need for our week at the lake 🙂