Lemon Mint Pesto and Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken with Zoodles is healthy and easy for any family meal or entertaining! Cooking Italian food doesn’t have to be complicated! Try this tasty recipe made with Stella® Fresh Mozzarella! #ad #FreshisBest #StellaCheeses #QualitySince1923
This past Sunday we were celebrating two very special occasions, Father’s Day (of course) but also my parent’s 39th Wedding Anniversary, so I knew I wanted to cook something very special for the big family dinner that we were having on Saturday night. I would be feeding a crowd: Hubs, lil man and myself, Mom & Dad, Amy (remember she is eating for 3) & Matt. We were celebrating a day early because we were all going to the lake on Sunday and nobody feels like entertaining after a long day on the lake 😉
I was so excited that Stella® had encouraged me to try their Fresh Mozzarella because I knew it was exactly what I needed to prepare an amazing dish that would be perfect for the special occasions! After some thought, I came up with my Lemon Mint Pesto and Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken with Zoodles!
Grab a coupon for $1.00 off Stella® Fresh Mozzarella –> HERE <–
Coupon available from June 12 – August 20, 2016
** Full details at www(dot)stellacheese(dot)com/coupon
Look at all that ooey gooey cheese!! I am drooling again just thinking about it 😉 The fresh creamy mozzarella paired beautifully with my lemon mint pesto that I shared with you the other day in this moist and flavor-packed chicken dish! I also decided to make a zoodle salad to go alongside the chicken. I just spiralized a few zucchinis with my handy-dandy new spiralizer (this is the one I have and recommend: http://amzn.to/28LATg0), added some of the lemon mint pesto and topped with fresh mozzarella & tomato chunks. Lil man even got in on the fun of making zoodles and I loved that he was so excited about making “noodles” out of veggies. There will definitely be more of this to come 😉
Stella® cheeses are flavorful and combine old world craftsmanship with rich dairy heritage, dating back to 1923. From shredded to crumbled and sharp to sweet, the wide range of Stella® cheese products will infuse your meals with a hint of romantic flavor that’s sure to wow your guests as they did mine. You can learn more about all of the Stella® cheese products by visiting their homepage –> HERE 🙂
Stella® Fresh Mozzarella offers a clean flavor and soft, delicate texture reminiscent of the fresh mozzarella originally handmade in the Italian countryside. With its subtle flavor and creamy texture, it enhances salads, pastas and casseroles to create unforgettable dishes like my Lemon Mint Pesto and Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken with Zoodles. We loved it in both the stuffed chicken and the zoodle salad. The stuffed chicken was oozing with fresh mozzarella and pesto and had a crispy, cheesy crust…what’s not to love there!?! And the zoodle salad had a wonderful tender-crisp texture and was light and fresh tasting thanks to the fresh mozzarella and tomatoes and full of flavor from the pesto! The whole meal was a hit!!
Don’t forget to grab your coupon for $1.00 off Stella® Fresh Mozzarella –> HERE <– when shopping for the ingredients for Lemon Mint Pesto and Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken with Zoodles!!
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup lemon mint pesto (here is my recipeor you can use store bought pesto of any variety)
- 8 oz. Stella® Fresh Mozzarella, cut into chunks
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place a piece of foil on a baking sheet for easy clean-up later and set aside.
- In a medium sized shallow bowl, break the eggs into the bowl and then beat them until the yolk and white have combined.
- In another medium sized shallow bowl, mix the breadcrumbs, parmesan, salt and pepper
- Using a paring knife, cut a "pocket" in each of the chicken breasts
- Stuff the pocket with a spoonful of the pesto and several chunks of mozzarella cheese.
- Secure the pocket closed with toothpicks
- Dip each stuffed chicken breast in the egg mixture first, followed by the breadcrumb mixture making sure they are well coated. Gently shake off any excess and place on the prepared cooking sheet with the toothpick side facing up.
- Place in the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink in the middle and the outside is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool for a few minutes, then remove the toothpicks.
- While the chicken is baking, spiralize the zucchinis and place in a colander or strainer in the sink and toss generously with salt to encourage them to "sweat" out their water.
- Let the zucchini to sit for 20-30 minutes.
- Rinse with water and squeeze dry with a clean dish towel or paper towels and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Toss with pesto.
- Either mix in the mozzarella and tomatoes or leave separate (like I did) and let your guest choose what they would like.
Be sure to visit Stella® Cheeses on all of their social channels to learn more about their products and for more recipe inspiration!!