Easy Oven Roasted Chickpeas are a low calorie, protein and fiber rich snack or a nutritious crunchy topping for your favorite salad.
These little babies weren’t supposed to be a stand-alone post. I actually made them to top my Albacore Tuna Kale Salad with a Simple Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette but realized that they were still sitting on top of the stove AFTER I had already photographed the salad. Duh!! Talk about Mommy brain 😉 I was happy with how the pictures of the salad turned out so I thought to myself, “Let me just quickly style them for a few pictures and go ahead and share them in another post.
Chickpeas are little nutritional powerhouse nuggets that could support your weight loss plan (which is great for this new mama that is working on getting her “pre-baby” body back)! Not only are they full of protein and fiber but they are also a good source of magnesium, potassium and iron. They are a great swap for chips or other salty snacks or when you just need something crunchy.
Not only do I like to add these easy roasted chickpeas to my salads, but I will throw a small zip top bag of them in my diaper bag so that I am prepared when hunger strikes and we are out and about. That way I am not tempted to make a less healthier choice.
Here is your recipe for Easy Oven Roasted Chickpeas:
- 1 can (15 oz.) chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper, more or less as desired
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 F.
- Gently dry the chickpeas with paper or kitchen towel
- Place the chickpeas in a small bowl. Add olive oil and seasonings.
- Toss to combine.
- Spread the chickpeas on a baking sheet in one layer.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and crunchy.
- Watch them carefully in the last few minute as they will burn quickly.
- Remove from oven and let cool.