Chicken Marsala with Parmesan and Panko Bread Crumbs Topping is your secret for turning an average week night meal to an award winning feast! See how I #MixItUp in the kitchen with Progresso Bread Crumbs at Publix. Also enter to win with my PayPal Giveaway.
What’s your secret for turning a seemingly bland weekday meal into a decadent feast? Cooking with versatile Bread Crumbs from Progresso is an excellent, easy way to take an average dish and make it award winning meal! I was able to turn a simple chicken dinner into a birthday celebration for my sister with Chicken Marsala with Parmesan and Panko Bread Crumbs Topping.
I cooked this recipe for my sister’s birthday, which of course, is a very special occasion, but the recipe is easy enough for any weeknight dinner! Let them think it is fancy but it is really pretty easy!! In fact bread crumbs are an easy, inexpensive way to add some variety to your family dinners! Is your family tired of sitting down to the same meals every week? Give them what they are looking for with Bread Crumbs from Progresso you can mix things up and bring some excitement back to dinner!
Are you ready to #MixItUp? If so, grab your coupon <<HERE>> for Progresso Bread Crumbs, like I did at Publix!
My recipe for Chicken Marsala with Parmesan and Panko Bread Crumbs Topping might seem like a bit much for a weeknight meal by the pictures, but I wanted to capture as much of the steps visually for you…I promise it is much easier than it looks 🙂
Just look at how crispy and delicous these chicken cutlets look when they are all finished!! The secret weapon for all that crispy goodness is Progresso Bread Crumbs!! They just elevate this recipe from good to FANTASTIC!!
Oh ya…let’s get in a little closer to really see all the crunchy goodness!! The Progresso Bread Crumbs keep the outside of this chicken nice and crispy, while the inside stays moist and flavorful!! Perfect combo!!
Here is your recipe for Chicken Marsala with Parmesan and Panko Bread Crumbs Topping:
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. each of cracked pepper and sea salt
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken cutlets
- 6 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 tbsp. butter, divided
- 1 large garlic clove, pressed or finely minced
- 1 cup marsala wine
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms
- 1cup Progresso Panko Bread Crumbs
- ¾ cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a large plastic bag combine the flour, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Working 2-3 chicken breasts at a time, drizzle the chicken breasts with a small amount of the olive oil and rub into both sides. Then add the chicken breasts to the bag with the flour mixture and toss well.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and add 2 tbsp. of the olive oil and the garlic. Once hot and the garlic has browned slightly add the chicken and cook it for about 5 minutes per side, or until both sides or golden brown. Complete with all chicken.
- Add chicken to a foil-lined baking sheet that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place chicken in the oven to complete cooking..
- While the chicken is finishing, add the wine and mushrooms to the pan and simmer the mixture for an additional 10 minutes or so. Adding 1 tbsp. butter at the end to finish off the sauce.
- While the mushrooms are cooking, melt the remaining butter and combine it with the breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese in a separate small bowl. Add additional olive oil if needed to get a nice consistency that sticks together.Set aside
- Turn your oven broiler to high.
- When the chicken is done, mound a pile of the Parmesan Panko breadcrumbs topping over each chicken cutlet and place it under the broiler for a minute or two, or until golden brown. Do NOT leave the broiler - watch it carefully through the oven door for the entire time.
- Serve over mashed potatoes, rice, pasta or quinoa and drizzle with the marsala mushroom sauce over. Serve warm!