*My affiliate links are used in this post. However this does not influence or change my opinion. Thanks for using them and helping support my family and my blog!*
Berry Chocolate Protein Overnight Oats is a quick, easy & healthy breakfast recipe! Flexible, filling & portable, the options are endless for this on-the-go meal idea!!
Let me introduce you to my latest breakfast obsession, Berry Chocolate Protein Overnight Oats 🙂 I know that the overnight oats craze was “so last year” but I never jumped on the bandwagon until now! I was looking for a healthy, filling and most importantly on-the-go breakfast option to take with me to my sister’s house. I knew that I needed to have something that contained protein since I am in the third trimester of my pregnancy and my baby girl is getting bigger 🙂 I struggle with getting enough protein in my diet because I am not the biggest fan of meat, so I need to look for alternative sources of protein to make sure that I am meeting both of our needs.
Some would probably disagree with me on the needs of protein in the diet and I am certainly not here to debate that with anyone. All I know is that it is best to consult with your doctor and also listen to your body for cues on what works best. I know that I feel better and get feel fuller longer when I have some protein with my meals. I also love that these Berry Chocolate Protein Overnight Oats are filled with fiber and packed with nutrients and antioxidants thanks to the oats, berries and chia seeds that I have added to the mix!!
I just take maybe 2-3 minutes in the evening to put my Berry Chocolate Protein Overnight Oats together in a mason jar, give it a quick shake and pop it in the frig. In the morning, I grab it on my way out the door for a yummy and good for me breakfast after I get the twins down for their nap 😉 If it is a chilly morning, then I can pop it in the microwave for a minute or so to have warm breakfast or it is fabulous chilled as well!
The protein in my Berry Chocolate Protein Overnight Oats comes from a whey protein powder (here is the one that I currently have and am enjoying –> http://amzn.to/2j5zfrF). You could certainly use a different protein source of your choice (a vegan protein powder, greek yogurt, nuts, etc.)…totally up to you and your personal preferences. Also feel free to use different fruits if you like, I am thinking bananas, apples, pears, peaches…whatever happens to be in season and a good price at your local farmer’s market or grocery store 🙂 Make your Protein Overnight Oats your own and let me know what combinations you come up with in the comments 🙂
Here is your recipe for Berry Chocolate Protein Overnight Oats:
- ½ cup old fashioned oats
- ½ scoop chocolate protein powder (or other protein source)
- 1-2 tsp. chia seeds (more or less, depending on how oatmeal thickness desired)
- 1 tsp. honey, agave or other sweetener of choice
- ¾ cup milk of choice (low fat milk, soy, almond, cashew, etc.)
- ½ chopped fruit of choice (strawberries, blueberries, bananas, apples, etc.)
- Add all ingredients to a mason jar or other portable container.
- Close tightly and shake to combine.
- Place in refrigerator for 2-3 hours to overnight.
- When eat to eat, give a final stir and adjust sweetener, if needed.
- Can be served chilled or warm.
- To warm: place in microwave for 1 - 1.5 minutes or until desired temperature. Check on oats every 30 seconds to prevent getting too hot or overflow. Always give one final stir befor3 enjoying 🙂